MACINTOSH MONDAY

Today is dog shaming day. Meet Macintosh...




"I destroy all the nice things my Mummy and Daddy own.Books are my favourite!" 

Macintosh is one deceptive dog. See he looks gorgeous. He's got a stunning coat, he's got deep brown eyes and when he tilts his head to one side its hard not to fall in love with him. But he's got this dark side too. 

When he was small and teething he used to destroy lots of things; the dining table, tea towels, his dog toys, bedding, shoes, anything he could get hold of essentially. But as he reached the grand old age of 1 he matured slightly and only did it occasionally and mostly to attract your attention. 

Back in July he grabbed my watch that he had taken off to do the washing up and he ran out into the garden with it. In a state of panic I ran after him which caused him to promptly destructively chew the watch until all the strap had been severed from the watch. That was the last episode of destructive chewing. Until Saturday... 

Many of you will have noticed this destruction on Instagram. The long and short of it was that I was in the shower and Mac was wandering round as he always does. I clearly took far too long to shower and so he decided to chomp on the first thing he could get his mouth round. In this case it was a book. Now I hate the destruction of books and was rather cross with him. The one small mercy in this was that it wasn't actually a book I really liked and was just something I picked up in a charity shop because I'm addicted to buying books. But the level of destruction in literally two minutes in insane!


               


Just to prove a point here are the outtakes of the dog shaming. I thought he was sleepy enough to have his photo taken without shredding the paper. Evidently not!

                       

                       

                       




No comments:

Post a Comment