MACINTOSH MONDAY

If I could give this post another title it would be 'Doormat destruction'.

Ever since we've had Macintosh he's loved doormats. I think because they are covered in mud and smells from places people have walked he's been fascinated with them. He used to spend a long time sniffing them. Then about 6 months old he developed a taste for chewing them and before long we would come home to yet another destroyed doormat with an accompanying note from the puppy walker saying something along the lines of 'I tried to stop it but he'd already done it by the time I got here!' We must have gone through about 6 doormats by the time it came to him being a year old. 

So we decided enough was enough. No more doormats.

Until of course we had the builders in to do the bathroom and I decided that a doormat would be good as it would stop them treading dirt throughout the house. At first I only put it down when they were here and Mac was not. Then I had it out when I was here and Mac was here. Finally after 2 weeks of no chewing I had it down all the time. 

That was my mistake.

Saturday I came home from shopping to discover Mr Macintosh had clearly decided to take up his habit of chewing doormats again. It was shredded into thousands of tiny pieces that took forever to hoover up. 

I would show you a picture of it but at doormat number 7 it wears a little thin and taking a photo is not your primary concern! But here is a picture of doormat number 1 or 2 or 3.....it could be any of them! 



So, eventually I might buy another one, just to stop the muddy shoes hitting the carpet quite so frequently. But I promise you Mr Macintosh, this will be your last chance....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mac, they can't taste that good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think its about whether they taste good. He just loves to drive us mad!!

      Delete